Experienced Professionals, Composite Machinists, and Manufacturing Employees Work side-by-sideThe General Plastics & Composites story. It’s a good one, but you might not know it yet. In the oilfield service industry, our customers’ business is high pressure, high danger and fuels the world we live in. Our innovations make their business run better… and we keep their business secrets. We promise our customers high-quality product. It meets their standards and ours or it doesn’t get delivered. To deliver on all this, we need to hire the right team for every role at GP&C.
Join The GP&C FamilyWhen you join GP&C, you join our family. From day one, you’ll notice three things:
- We help each other succeed every day. Have a question? Ask it. Chances are your peers or leaders know the answer and genuinely want to see you do your best work.
- We see each other’s differences as strengths. Our employees come from all different backgrounds personally and professionally. Everyone brings a perspective that helps us solve problems.
- We work together to get the job done. This looks like pitching in when volumes get high or shifting priorities to meet an unexpected challenge. And, it can even mean pulling together when disaster strikes to help members of our family with hurricane clean-up.
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Centrally located in southeast Houston close to Hobby Airport, our custom-built facility has a total of 123,000 sq. ft., designed specifically for effective workflow and includes a warehouse, manufacturing building and corporate office space.
With quick access to I-45, Beltway 8 and 35, our location is convenient for many. See location.
Career Opportunities for Composite Machining and Manufacturing EmployeesAt GP&C, we build careers. Have experience in manufacturing and the oilfield service industry? Great! You’ll fit right in here. No manufacturing experience? No problem. We’ll teach you. No industry knowledge? You can learn that. We strive to hire a balance of experienced manufacturing and machining employees along with those employees new to manufacturing and the industry.
What are we looking for then? Safety-minded, motivated, curious team players find long-term success at GP&C.
Regardless of your previous experience, GP&C provides comprehensive training and development opportunities for our plant operations employees. From technical training to leadership development opportunities, we invest in our team.
And, when you’re ready to try something new, we are ready for you! Some common career paths employees can expect as they grow their skills and knowledge, and demonstrate good work ethic, include:
- Machinist to Machine Operator
- Machine Operator to Lead
- Machine Operator to Supervisor
- and more!
Career Opportunities for Experienced Professionals
GP&C’s corporate team sets high standards for professionalism, quality performance and a strategic focus on our company’s future. And to do all this, expect to have your safety gear on – we are out on the floor, talking to our teams, listening to their ideas and observing our manufacturing process in action. We take what we learn from our time on the floor to develop strategies that move our company and our careers forward. And, we’re a friendly and welcoming group of professionals who have a “we’re in this together” attitude that makes (and keeps) us successful in our fast-paced environment.