GP Rubber is a Leader in the Oil and Gas Elastomers and Phenolic Industry
GP&C’s sister company produces molded rubber products and turnkey assemblies for oilfield services.
Services for the oilfield sector:
- Rubber compounding to meet temperature and pressure requirements
- Bonding to metal and composite materials
- Working with customers to provide solutions to customer-specific rubber applications
- Turnkey solution for parts requiring a combination of metal, rubber, and composites, with one customer purchase order.
- Assemblies include housings, isolation joints, antennas, standoffs, and composite tool assemblies.
- Specialized at making fit-for-purpose composites for the oil and gas industry that are easily drillable with PDC and conventional drill bits, MWD/LWD tools, wireline logging tools, when non-conductive, non-magnetic characteristics are desired.
GP Rubber manufacturing methods:
GP Rubber has 21 presses including compression and transfer presses, DESMNA injection presses, and Rep Injection presses.
- Compression molding
- Transfer molding
- Injection molding
- Phenolic molding
In-house rubber compound mixing for the oil and gas industryGP Rubber makes 40+ different rubber compounds in-house in its facility in Haltom City, TX (DFW area). Watch a video about our facility. Batch sizes range from 40-120 lbs. and enable us to exactly meet your specifications in temperature, chemical and abrasion resistance. In-house compounding also allows us to take control of lead-time rather than relying on an outside compounder.
Common compounds used include these that are well-proven in downhole environments:
- Carboxylated Nitriles
- H.S.N./HNBR (Hydrogenated Nitrile)
- S.B.R. (Styrene-Butadiene-Rubber)
Rubber Compounding In-House At GP Rubber
This video shows the process of making rubber.